Upcoming Information Sessions
March 11, 2024, at 12noon
RSVP to attend the next session. All info sessions take place EST.
What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a degree audit and advising system to help students, administrators, and advisors plan for academic success.
You will find useful information when you log-in such as classes you have completed along with the grade earned, diploma application status. any holds you may have, residency status, overall GPA and your degree progress.
This unique 30-credit Masters of Science program is entirely online and can help advance your career in the field of health science.
The goal of this 30-credit, masters of science program is to provide individuals with the education and training needed to engage with and respond to civic, social, environmental and economic challenges at the local, national and global levels.
Applications for admission to the spring term are due December 1st.
International students: please be advised that this program is not eligible for F-1 or J-1 student visa sponsorship.
Health care is poised to experience the greatest employment growth of any sector in the U.S. over the next few years. In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics is predicting the field will experience 19% growth across the nation by 2024. The knowledge and training you'll receive in the Health Sciences Program will prepare you to capitalize on this growth in a number of rapidly expanding fields, including:
- Public Health
- Health Research
- Healthcare Planning
- Healthcare Administration
- Academic Research Institutions
- Public Policy
The M.S. in Health Science is a 30-credit graduate program offered in an asynchronous, 100% online environment. This means that we offer maximum flexibility to meet the needs of working professionals. There are no online meetings or set times when you'll need to log in; just submit your coursework before the posted deadline, and check back in for feedback from your instructors and classmates.
As a student in this program, you will acquire expertise in health science. Your classmates will most likely be practicing professionals with a health, scientific, or academic background who are employed or seeking employment in positions requiring this specialization.
Is an Online Course Right for You?
Program Completion Timeline
- All concentration courses will be offered at least once each year to enable you to complete the program within 24 months.
- Participants can start the program at the start of any term.
- Although most students complete the program within eighteen months, you will be allowed up to five years to complete the program.
At the conclusion of their study, students in the MSHS program will be prepared to:
- Search, interpret and evaluate the medical and public health literature; including qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Examine and critically appraise healthcare delivery systems and health policy at the local and global level.
- Discuss and inform health care system care delivery, patient safety, quality and risk management.
- Apply knowledge to improve prevention of disease, maintenance of public health and participate in disease surveillance, reporting and intervention.
- Articulate and explain principles and practice of medical and public health ethics.