Information for New Students
Welcome to the Graduate School at the University of Maryland, Baltimore!
Follow these steps to a successful start at UMB
- Confirm your intent to enroll with the Graduate School
- If you are a recent college graduate, be sure to provide the UMB Graduate School with your final, official transcript certifying completion of your degree.
- Sign up for a MYUMB account to access your student portal, student email address, blackboard, library databases, and other campus resources.
- Contact your Program Advisor.
- Check deadlines and register for classes.
- Get your UMB OneCard ID.
- Review the information from Student Accounting regarding requirements for Student Health Insurance.*
Complete the required Immunization Forms and health history record through Castle Branch Medical Document Manager and contact Student Health if you have questions.*
- Pay your tuition and fees.
- Are you new to Baltimore? Check out UMB's housing options.
- Enroll in the UMB Alerts emergency messaging system.
*Students enrolled in online programs of study are not required to provide medical health history or immunization forms. Those in designated online programs would also be expected to have their own, personal health insurance and may opt-in to UMB’s student health insurance plan only under special circumstances.
- Are you a Nursing PhD student? Be sure to complete these steps before you start classes.
- Are you an international student? Be sure to connect with the Office of International Services.
- Are you a Maryland resident? Be sure to check the compliance guidelines for in-state tuition.
- Need educational support and accommodations? Let us know!
- Applying for need-based financial assistance? Contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Education.
- Plan to use VA Benefits? Follow the process outlined here.
- Graduate Assistants: make sure that you review the Graduate Assistant Guide 2022-2023 and complete the necessary payroll and tuition remission forms.
- Let's Be Facebook Friends!
- Follow Us On Twitter!
- Check Out Our Instagram Page!
- Check out The Elm Common Calendar of Events