Request More Information
Free Online Course through EdX
We've partnered with UMUC to create a free online MOOC titled "Global Health: The Lessons of Ebola."
Originally run in 2016, this 6-week course will begin on May 15.
This unique 12-credit graduate certificate program is entirely online and can help advance your career opportunities in global health.
The goal of this 12-credit, four-course certificate program is to help students build upon their domestic health skills and provide instruction in the different health managerial skills and national health delivery systems needs to operate in the global arena.
Applications for admission to the summer term are due by April 15.
A recent industry analysis by The Economist predicts a 24% increase in global health expenditures between 2015 and 2020. The knowledge and training you'll receive in the Global Health Certificate Program will prepare you to jump-start your career in a number of rapidly growing fields, including:
- In-country field consultants and disaster relief organizations
- Immigrant and refugee health organizations
- Research and academic institutions
- International and non-governmental agencies
- Charitable and lending agencies that do work in developing countries
- Multi-lateral agencies such as WHO
- Governmental agencies
- Public Health Science
- Public Policy
Global Health Systems and Services is a 12-credit, four-course graduate certificate program offered in an asynchronous, 100% online environment. This means that we offer maximum flexibility to meet the needs of working professionals. There are no online meetings or set times when you'll need to log in; just submit your coursework before the posted deadline, and check back in for feedback from your instructors and classmates.
As a student in this program, you will acquire expertise in global health systems and services. Your classmates will most likely be practicing professionals with a health background who are employed or seeking employment in positions requiring this specialization.
Is an Online Course Right for You?
Program Completion Timeline
- All four courses will be offered at least once each year to enable you to complete the program within one year.
- Participants can start the program at the start of any term.
- Although most students complete the program within one year, you will be allowed up to three years to complete the program.
The Global Health Systems and Services certificate is a stackable credential that can be applied toward a Master of Science in Health Sciences. This program is available entirely online, and can be completed by a working professional in as little as 18 months. If you decide to continue your studies in our MS Health Science program, all 12 of the credits earned via completion of the Global Health certificate program are completely transferrable. This means that when you finish your certificate, you'll be 18 credits away from a Master's degree!
- Summer Admission: April 15
- Fall Admission: July 30
Leading Global Health expert Dr. Greg Martin shares some insights about how health systems are created.