Information for New Students
Welcome to the Graduate School at the University of Maryland, Baltimore!
Follow these steps to a successful start at UMB. Download and print the list to help yourself stay organized: Checklist for New and Admitted Students
- Confirm your intent to enroll with the Graduate School; complete and return the Enrollment Reply form.
- If you are a recent college graduate, be sure to provide the UMB Graduate School with your final, official transcript certifying completion of your degree. Review the process for Masters programs and Certificate programs.
- Sign up for a MYUMB account to access your student portal, student email address, blackboard, library databases, and other campus resources.
- Contact your Program Advisor.
- Check deadlines and register for classes.
- Get your UMB OneCard ID.
- Review the information from Student Accounting regarding requirements for Student Health Insurance.
- Complete the required Immunization Forms and health history record through Castle Branch Medical Document Manager and contact Student Health if you have questions.
- Pay your tuition and fees.
- Are you new to Baltimore? Check out UMB's housing options.
- Enroll in the UMB Alerts emergency messaging system.
- Are you an international student? Be sure to connect with the Office of International Services.
- Are you a Maryland resident? Be sure to check the compliance guidelines for in-state tuition.
- Need educational support and accommodations? Let us know!
- Applying for need-based financial assistance? Contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Education.
- Plan to use VA Benefits? Follow the process outlined here.
- Graduate Assistants: make sure that you review the Graduate Assistant Guide and complete the necessary payroll and tuition remission forms.
- Let's Be Facebook Friends!
- Follow Us On Twitter!
- Check Out Our Instagram Page!
- Check out The Elm Common Calendar of Events