- Spring 2018 admission: Dec. 15, 2017
Admission to this program is selective. A U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a non-U.S. educational institution is required. No specific undergraduate course of study is required or recommended.
The certificate program can be taken on a full-time or part-time basis. For international participants, visas are not required because the program is offered online.
Application Materials Required
All application materials need to be submitted electronically, with the exception of your transcript, which will be delivered directly to the Graduate School.
- Completed Online Application Form.
- Transcripts from all prior colleges/universities. Submit official documents to the Graduate School (see below address) at the time of application. Individuals offered admission will be required to supply official documents (as indicated below for domestic and international participants) prior to enrollment for verification before our offer is considered official.
- Domestic transcripts: Official transcripts must arrive in envelopes sealed by the issuing institutions certifying the awarding of the specified degree. Copies, opened, or unsealed envelopes, unofficial printout, or facsimiles will not be accepted as official documents. The process of requesting transcripts from universities can take many weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- International transcripts: International applicants must provide one (1) official transcript in English and one (1) official native language transcript or mark sheet from each college or university attended.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume - Submit with the online application.
- Statement of Academic Goals and Professional Interests - Submit with the online application a statement of academic purpose (300-500 words) addressing a) your purpose in pursuing this certificate degree and b) how the degree program fits into your overall professional goals.
- For Maryland Residents: Fill out the Residency Application here: http://www.umaryland.edu/registrar/residency/application/
- For International Applicants: Official TOEFL or IELTS score reports: International applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language must be sent directly from either TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) agencies. Minimum required scores are 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL, and 7.0 on the IELTS.
All official scores must be sent directly from either TOEFL (please use institution code #5848) or IELTS to the Graduate School.
- Non-refundable application fee $75 (US): Pay online or send directly to Graduate School.
Note: GRE scores are not required for admission to this program. An admission interview (via phone or Skype) may be requested.