What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a degree audit and advising system to help students, administrators, and advisors plan for academic success.
You will find useful information when you log-in such as classes you have completed along with the grade earned, diploma application status. any holds you may have, residency status, overall GPA and your degree progress.
Gain a better understanding of how people learn, selections of instruction and assessment within curricula, the development of curriculum and other leadership theories needed to advance the field of health professions education.
Delivered entirely online, our curriculum provides learners a deeper knowledge and understanding of the historical and current foundations of learning, curriculum theory, as well as practical application of leadership approaches in higher education.
As a student of the Health Professions Education Leadership graduate certificate, you will examine current pedagogical and leadership theories and challenges faced by health professions programs, curricula, and institutions. Graduates will walk away with the knowledge and skills needed to lead educational programs, institutions, agencies, and organizations in the health and medical professions.
Applications will open soon. Sign-up to be the first to apply!
As the demand for health professionals and health education programs continues to grow nationwide, so does the need for well-prepared health professions faculty who have advanced training in educational theory, instructional strategies in the health professions, and related assessment methods. The Health Professions Education curriculum is intentionally designed to formally prepare learners with the foundations needed to engage in educational scholarship, curricular design, assessment, program evaluation, and institutional leadership.
The graduate certificate in Health Professions Education Leadership is a 12-credit, four-course program offered 100% in an online environment. Each course is 8-weeks in length, asynchronous, with instructional methods including pre-recorded lectures, readings, and reflections, along with active learning elements including discussion boards and individual and group assignments. Intentionally designed for full-time working professionals, your classmates will have careers in healthcare, public health, and social work, as well as other fields integral to the healthcare education mission.
Program Completion Timeline
- All four courses will be offered at least once each year to enable you to complete the program in one year.
- Although most students complete the program in one year, you will be allowed up to 3 years to complete the program.
At the conclusion of their study, students in thePBC in HPE Leadership program will be able to:
- Articulate how people learn and the strategies that achieve effective learning processes and outcomes.
- Demonstrate proficiency in curriculum design, delivery, and evaluation.
- Work effectively in interprofessional teams.
- Demonstrate academic and executive-level administration and leadership skills needed to lead higher education programs, institutions, agencies, and organizations in the health professions.
Admission requirements for Health Professions Education Teaching graduate certificate are listed below:
- An official application
- 75.00 application fee
- No GRE Required
- Submit Proof of current professional licenses for applicants who are clinically practicing (Applicants may upload a pdf/copy of the license directly to the admissions portal)
- Submit official transcripts from all former institutions
- You must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in the health professions or a related field
- Current CV/Resume
The professional licenses requirement may be waived for individuals whose profession does not require a license to practice, and they will still be considered for admission.
The Graduate School offers also offers MS and PhD degrees in Health Professions Education. The 12 credits earned from your certificate can be used toward either program.
The MS in Health Professions Education is a 32-credit degree credential with two tracks: educational research and educational leadership. This program aims to provide students with the necessary tools to further develop interprofessional health profession course and curricular design, research, and assessment skills.
The PhD in Health Professions Education is a 60 credit, 3-year intensive doctoral program of study for health professionals who hold more than 2 years of practice experience and a master's degree or terminal professional degree equivalent. The focus is education leadership, research, and teaching skills.
Contact the admissions team for details about matriculating to the program of your choice.