In response to the recent COVID-19 guidelines put in place by UMB leadership, Grid programming is online for the Fall '20 semester.
Our lunch-and-learn calendar will go live very soon, but in the meantime here is a preview of our fall offerings:
- Intro to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Startup Funding During COVID
- Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch
- Building Your Investor Pitch
- Meet the Founders (three-part series)
- Intro to Branding
- Intellectual Property (two-part series)
- Understanding Nondisclosure Agreements
- Social Design
- Equity, Inclusivity, and Antiracism in Entrepreneurship
Building Your Investor Pitch
The process of raising seed investment funds can take many different forms, but at some point nearly always involves an in-person investor pitch. This Lunch 'n Learn offers valuable insights into the creation and delivery of an effective investor pitch.
Grid Guides: Graphic Design
Are you a student entrepreneur who needs help with your slide deck? Or perhaps you want to glean some basic graphic design knowledge and principles. Grid Marketing and Operations Specialist, Taylor DeBoer, will be provide virtual, one-on-one graphic design help by appointment. Email Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Negotiation and Sales
"Nothing happens until somebody sells something" - Henry Ford
Learn the basics of a solid sales methodology that can turn one of the most feared tasks in entrepreneurship into an enjoyable and productive practice.
Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch
Here are some other virtual resources available for aspring entrepreneurs during this challenging time:
- Join Dr. Jim Kucher for Good Ideas are Not Enough (sponsored by the ETC)
- The Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship Crisis Management Resources
- The Sullivan Foundation Webinar series on Social Entrepreneurs responding to COVID-19
- Impact Hub Baltimore's virtual programs
- Capital relief for entrepreneurs during COVID-19