Taylor DeBoer, MA
Jenny Owens, ScD, MS
Associate Dean of the Graduate School Faculty Executive Director of the Grid
Become an Innovation Fellow
You’re dependable, hard-working, and you love to learn new things – you sound perfect for us! The university’s newest innovation space is looking for Innovation Fellows to assist with the Grid. This position is part-time, 10-20 hours a week.
The University of Maryland Ventures teamed up with the University of Maryland Graduate School to launch the Grid. The Grid is a space designed to support entrepreneurial ventures through education, early-stage funding, and programming. Here members of the UMB community will be able to mix with University startups, get help from UM Ventures staff working to launch new companies, and engage with on-site experts, including UMB entrepreneurs in residence, and advisors with the Maryland Small Business Development Center. The Grid is an innovation space where students, entrepreneurs, faculty, and staff connect to bring innovative health and social impact ideas to life.
The space will also be home to educational opportunities such as workshops, office hours, and programs and a degree program in health and social innovation, whose students will be able to concentrate in areas like life sciences, user experience, or science communication.
The Grid is co-located with the University of Maryland Ventures in UMB’s BioPark, which houses Baltimore’s biggest biotechnology cluster. The Grid is home to the MS Health and Social Innovation as well as co-curricular programming and lectures around social entrepreneurship and innovation.
The Grid is surrounded by nationally ranked universities and medical centers, and close to abundant cultural and recreational assets that include the Bromo Seltzer Arts District, Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium, and the Inner Harbor.
Scope of Duties
• Receive and direct incoming calls and visitors
• Staff the front desk and provide excellent customer service to visitors
• Provide tours of the facility
• Assist with coordinating activities, workshops, and events around design thinking, entrepreneurship, and innovation
• Assist with the setup and tear down of special events, programs, and services in the facility
• Maintain a clean and safe facility
• Prepare correspondence and reports
• Website and calendar updates and maintenance
• Attend all in-service training and meetings
This job is for you if:
• You have Federal Work Study
• You’re willing to learn new skills (we will teach you!)
• You’re able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
If interested please fill out the form below!
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.