Grid Pitch 2020
This showcase allows for students to pitch their innovative business ideas to a panel of experts and investors in the entrepreneurial community. Accepted participants will receive coaching and mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs and business experts.
The Grid Pitch has two participation tiers: Vision and Venture
- Both tiers are open to all current and aspiring University of Maryland, Baltimore students.
- Each team must have at least one (1) current or aspiring UMB student.
- Each team member must participate in the proposed business idea.
Vision Tier: For aspiring or current students who have an idea to change the world, but have not yet begun the journey of implementation.
Venture Tier: For aspiring or current UMB students who have an idea that is fleshed out and have begun the journey of implementation. Applicants for the Venture tier can have an established business.
- The proposed idea must be in the biotech, life science, health tech, public health, or social entrepreneurship fields.
- Teams that have acquired over $100,000 in gross revenue from operations to date resulting from the sales of products and/or services are not eligible.
Applications close: Feb. 29, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. EST
Grid Pitch Presentation: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Other mandatory meetings, events, and workshops will be scheduled during the semester.If you're curious about last year's Grid Pitch participants, follow this link.
Thanks to the support of UM Ventures, funding opportunities are available to participants.