Nursing professionals choose the University of Maryland School of Nursing to continue their education because our hands-on courses are taught by leading experts and our researchers are making discoveries that are helping to transform health care.
Prospective master’s students can choose from an entry-level option, four specialties, and two dual-degree options. Prospective PhD students can choose to enter the program after earning a bachelor’s degree or after earning a master’s degree.
Explore More Degree Programs
Are you interested in learning about other degree options?
Dates and Deadlines
MS: Rolling admission review begins Sept. 1 for spring and February 1 for fall
PhD: Nov. 1 for fall (no spring admission)
- MS Specialty: Community/Public Health Nursing
- MS Specialty: Health Services Leadership and Management (HSLM)
- MS Specialty: Nursing Informatics (offered completely online)
- Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) (an entry-into-practice option for students with a degree in a subject other than nursing)
- Dual Degree Options: MS/MBA and MS/MPH