Engaging in community service provides fellows with the opportunity to improve the quality of life of others, and become active members of their community which has a lasting, positive impact on society at large.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) ResourcesThe health of Maryland residents is a top priority of PALLA. Here is a list of resources that will help PA programs protect their students, patients, faculty, and staff while providing education and services.
- MD Health Department
- Governor Statement
- UMaryland Urgent Care
- FAQ’s from CDC
- Social Distancing UMB Article
- World Health article
- Clinical, Field Placement, and Internship Guidelines for Students
- Utilizing Blackboard Collaborate as a medium for delivering online lectures, discussions
- PAEA resources webpage on the COVID-19 along with teaching tools and tutorials through the Digital Learning Hub.
- Mededportal, an open-access journal with teaching and assessment resources
- Onlinemeded, to apply clinical reasoning with real patients, real questions, and real experience.
- PAEA is offering free access to Aquifer for all PA programs.
In 2019, PALLA Cares was established after seeing the need to assist the homeless population in Baltimore City. Participating in our first service project, the executive leadership team along with the academic faculty fellows created resource bags for individuals in need.