WHO SHOULD APPLY
The scholarship is designed to support UMB collaborators based outside the U.S. People fitting into this category include:
- Staff of Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) international branch and affiliate country offices
- UMB-associated local organization staff, e.g. BUMMHI, Ciheb-Kenya, IHV-Nigeria, and Ciheb-Zambia
- Staff working for implementing partners who have a subaward or contract from a UMB funded-initiative (in a non-US setting), e.g. CVD-Mali
- International collaborators who have worked with UMB faculty and staff for two or more years on a joint project, e.g., a research, service delivery, or educational exchange.
Note: there may be other categories of eligible individuals not contemplated by the list above. If you think you may be eligible or you have an international collaborator you think may be eligible, please contact Tiri Program Director Semhar Okbazion.
Scholarship recipients are selected from the incoming class of admitted students and are notified as scholarship selections are made.
The scholarship program is for fall entry only.
Number, amount, and duration of scholarship:
- Each academic year, the Graduate School will award ten full-tuition scholarships or their equivalents to incoming Tiri Scholars
- Students awarded the scholarship in the first year will automatically be awarded the scholarship in the second year of study as long as they maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
Other important student policies can be found here in the Course Catalog