Vision, Mission, and Goals
We view our collaborative program as a premier learning organization whose diverse graduates will be among the best physician assistants in the nation.
Our mission is to promote excellence in education in order to produce competent, ethical and compassionate primary care providers. Together we recognize and promote the value of diversity, lifelong learning, research and scholarship.
In order to accomplish this mission, emphasis is placed not only on scholarship in the program but on professionalism as well. As a result, our students are expected to demonstrate the principles of integrity, honesty, respect, and ethical behavior. Our goals are multifactorial and closely follow our vision, mission, and educational philosophy. Our program is committed to the following goals.
- Educate physician assistant students to provide delegated services in an ethical, safe, legal, and competent manner under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- Provide educational and clinical experiences that prepare the physician assistant student to work collaboratively and lead interprofessional teams.
- Provide an educational experience that stresses the importance of furthering education through advanced study and continuing education, applying the concepts of evidence-based, patient-centered medicine.
- Provide students with educational opportunities and a wide variety of clinical experiences that will enable them to recognize social determinants of health and work effectively in all primary care settings including underserved and diverse communities.
- Prepare students to become effective communicators, educators, and responsible members of the community who utilize critical thinking skills in the clinical setting and base their practice on evidence-based, patient-centered medicine and sound ethical values.
- Enable students to meet the eligibility requirements and successfully pass the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certifying examination upon graduation.