The 25-month M.S. in Health Science Program
The M.S. in Health Science program will:
- Prepare students to search, interpret and evaluate the medical literature including interpretation of biostatistical methods, access to common medical databases and sampling methods
- Deliver instruction in healthcare delivery systems and health policy
- Provide an overview of health care system delivery, patient safety, quality and risk management
- Thoroughly review public health as it relates to the role of practicing clinician with regard to prevention of disease, maintenance of public health and participating in disease surveillance, reporting and intervention; and
- Provide instruction in the principles and practice of medical and public health ethics
This program provides advanced training in epidemiology, health systems and implementation science. The program offers course work entirely online.
MSHS students are enrolled in a collaborative program, a partnership between Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) Physician Assistant Program and the University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) Graduate School. These students become competent,ethical and compassionate health care providers who are ready to fulfill the roles and duties of the primary care physician assistant, recognize and promote the value of diversity and who are committed to lifelong learning. Students who complete all course work from both institutions satisfactorily will receive their PA credential from AACC and the Master of Science in Health Science Degree from UMB and be eligible to sit for the national certification exam for Physician Assistants.