Health Science is a 30-credit Masters of Science program that is offered entirely online and can help advance your career in the field of health science.
As a student in this program, you will acquire expertise in health science. Your classmates will most likely be practicing professionals with a health, scientific, or academic background who are employed or seeking employment in positions requiring this specialization.
Program Completion Timeline
- All concentration courses will be offered at least once each year to enable you to complete the program within eighteen months.
- Participants can start the program at the start of any term.
- Although most students complete the program within eighteen months, you will be allowed up to three years to complete the program.
Our goal is to provide you with advanced knowledge and practical training so that what you learn is both relevant and applicable to your professional context. We have designed the program so that you will develop the expertise in health science that you need to succeed in positions requiring this knowledge.
Upon completion, you will be able to do the following:
- Search, interpret and evaluate the medical and public health literature; including qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Examine and critically appraise healthcare delivery systems and health policy at the local and global level.
- Discuss and inform health care system care delivery, patient safety, quality and risk management.
- Apply knowledge to improve prevention of disease, maintenance of public health and participate in disease surveillance, reporting and intervention.
- Articulate and explain principles and practice of medical and public health ethics.
MSHS students will leave the program prepared to engage with and respond to civic, social, environmental and economic challenges at the local, national and global levels.