Cinnamon Inspired Desert Recipes
By Amber Plante
In honor of the fall season here are some cinnamon-inspired recipes for all to enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix together flour, brown sugar, salt, and spices. Feel free to alter spices for your own personal taste.
2. Mix butter and white sugar in a separate bowl. Next add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add the flour mixture into the butter-egg-sugar mix and knead until mixed through.
4. Roll out the cookie dough on a floured surface until about 7 mm thick. Use floured cookie cutters or the top of a cup to shape the cookies, and put on a greased pan. Makes 10-12 cookies.
5. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. Let cool and serve!
- 1-3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup hot milk
1. In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, sugar, creamer, cocoa and cinnamon. Add the marshmallows; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.
2. To prepare 1 serving: Dissolve 3 tablespoons hot chocolate mix in hot milk. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups mix (18 servings).