Thank you to all who came out to celebrate our aspiring student entrepreneurs.
Six teams were selected to present at the Grid Pitch and receive a $1,000 stipend towards their own professional development. All student teams worked with David Wise, Director of the Maryland Momentum Fund, to help them prepare for their final pitch. Each team had 3-5 minutes to present their concept to the crowd. This wasn't "Shark Tank" but instead a celebration of ideas and student entrepreneurs.
Interested in participating in Grid Pitch 2019? Let us know here to stay up to date with the latest developments.
- The Grid Pitch is open to all University of Maryland, Baltimore students. Each team must have one University of Maryland, Baltimore student. Any of the team members can conduct the final pitch.
- The proposed idea must be in the biotech, life science, health tech, public health, or social entrepreneurship fields.
- Applicants can be an established business or an idea.
- Teams that have acquired over $100,000 in gross revenue from operations to date resulting from the sales of products and/or services are not eligible.
- Interested in participating in next year's Grid Pitch? Share your information here to be kept up to date with the latest developments.
No, but it helps! Please consider recruiting team members from different disciplines. This will help you develop a well-rounded pitch.
- Applications open: January 17, 2018, at 8 p.m. EST
- Information session: February 1, 2018, at noon EST
- Applications close: February 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- Teams notified: March 19, 2018
- Grid Pitch Celebration: May 1, 2018, 4 - 6:30 p.m. EST
Since this is primarily an educational experience, all student teams will receive coaching from David Wise, Director of the Maryland Momentum Fund. They will also receive a $1,000 stipend towards their own professional development.