Nursing professionals choose the University of Maryland School of Nursing to continue their education because our hands-on courses are taught by leading experts and our researchers are making discoveries that are helping to transform health care.
Prospective master’s students can choose from an entry-level option, four specialties, and two dual-degree options. Prospective PhD students can choose to enter the program after earning a bachelor’s degree or after earning a master’s degree.
How to Apply
To apply, submit the online application and all required documents to the Graduate School along with the required nonrefundable application fee.
Explore More Degree Programs
Are you interested in learning about other degree options?
Dates and Deadlines
MS: Rolling admission review begins Sept. 1 for spring and February 1 for fall
PhD: Nov. 1 for fall (no spring admission)
- MS Specialty: Community/Public Health Nursing
- MS Specialty: Health Services Leadership and Management (HSLM)
- MS Specialty: Nursing Informatics (offered completely online)
- Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) (an entry-into-practice option for students with a degree in a subject other than nursing)
- Dual Degree Options: MS/MBA and MS/MPH